Welcome to the www.lvhockey.ca website (the “Service”).
The service is owned by Studio Qi, which produces and operates it.
By using the Service, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these “Rules of Conduct". In addition, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the Service. If you do not agree with these conditions, please do not use the Service.
Please note that we reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Rules of Conduct. Please check periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to these conditions will mean you accept those changes.
The rules of conduct below are not exhaustive. Studio Qi reserves the right to determine what conduct violates the essence of the Service and to apply at its discretion the appropriate disciplinary measures, including closing an Account.
Rules of conduct
You act in violation of the Terms and Conditions of use of the Service if you do the following :
- Post, transmit, promote or distribute illegal Content.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass or do anything inappropriate with regard to another user, such as constantly sending undesirable messages, making personal attacks or making statements about their ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, culture, etc.
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of Content that is insulting, injurious, racist, vulgar, blasphemous, misleading, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, defamatory, invasive of privacy or human rights or reprehensible from the perspective of a reasonable person. Hateful remarks are not tolerated.
- Post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any materials, information or content constituting, advocating or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Service in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Service.
- Try to infiltrate or obtain unauthorized access to the Service and its servers.
- Perform actions that have the effect of overloading the servers or significantly disturbing the use of the Service by other users.
- Perform any act that conflicts with the intention and essence of the Service, in particular the game rules and mechanics.
- Obtain a competitive advantage over other users by profiting from weaknesses in the Service such as, without being restricted to, design errors, function problems or programming errors (“bugs”).
- Interrupt the flow of discussions in the discussion areas by making vulgar or insulting remarks, by pressing repeatedly on the Enter key, by inserting images so large that the screen moves too quickly to be read, by making excessive use of uppercase letters in order to disturb other users or by engaging in spamming or flooding.
- Impersonate anyone (including a celebrity), indicate falsely that you are an employee or representative of Studio Qi or a master or ambassador of the Service, attempt to mislead users by claiming that you represent Studio Qi or any partner company or affiliate of Studio Qi.
- Attempt to obtain a password, account information or other information of a private nature from any other user of the Service.
- Upload to our Service software or Content that you do not own or that you are not authorized to distribute freely.
- Promote or encourage an illegal activity, in particular hacking, illegal entry or the distribution of pirated software or malware.
- Post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, materials or content (including for greater certainty, software) which contains a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component.
- Send messages for any other purpose besides personal communication, and in particular sending advertisements or promotional messages, chain letters, advertise a pyramid scheme or exercise any other commercial activity.
- Make inappropriate or abusive use of Service support or claim buttons or send false messages to members of the Studio Qi staff.
- Use or distribute “auto”, “macro” or other software or cheating programs or applications.
- Use or distribute “Easter eggs”.
- Modify any portion of the Service.
- Post or communicate on the Service real personal information about a player.
- Attempt to impede, hack or decode transmissions to or from Studio Qi servers.
- Use or publicize the existence of bugs in the operating system or operate one to obtain an unfair advantage from the Service.
- Attempt to use Studio Qi software on or through a service that is not controlled or authorized by Studio Qi .
- Disturb others in their use of the Service or do anything that disturbs Studio Qi in providing the Service to the satisfaction of all users or that results in an tangible increase in the costs of supplying the said Service.
- Defame, abuse, stalk, harass or threaten anyone or otherwise violate the statutory rights of others, in particular, but without being limited to, their rights relative to the protection of personal information and publicity.
You must respect all federal, national and local laws, rules and regulations applicable to your activities when you use the Service. Studio Qi reserves the right to cancel your Account and to prevent you from using the Service if your Account is used to commit activities that are illegal or violate these Rules of Conduct or our Terms and Conditions of Use. You acknowledge that Studio Qi may investigate any violation of the law and collaborate with the authorities responsible for the application of laws for the prosecution of a user.
If you meet another user who is violating the Rules of conduct, please report that user to Studio Qi by emai.
Rules for names
To use the Service, you must create a pseudonym for your character and a fictitious name for your team. To do that, you must not violate the Terms and Conditions of Service and we urge you to show decency and respect for the essence of the Service for the pleasure of all users.
Here is some information about inappropriate or prohibited names (this list is not exhaustive) :
- A name using vulgar words or that is offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racist, misleading or otherwise reprehensible.
- A name that belongs to another person with the intention of impersonating that person without that person’s written permission.
- A name that belongs to a personality or a character or an icon of popular or media culture or a celebrity or which associates a defamatory element with a famous or historical name.
- A name that is or contains a trademark or is substantially similar to one, whether registered or not, or which violates the rights of another party.
- A name that refers to any religion or divinity, drugs, sex, alcohol, a criminal act (including the name of a criminal), the anatomy or digestive functions or is otherwise in bad taste.
If despite these rules, you create a name whose use is protected by the rights of another party, such as, for example, the name of a professional hockey player or the name of a hockey team from a league like the NHL, you are entirely responsible for any action or claim by third parties for infringement of their rights, and you acknowledge that Studio Qi has no responsibility in such cases.